Fully approved bylaws for academic departments and colleges are posted on the University website and are available at:
Revisions of college and department bylaws are reviewed by the Faculty Governance Committee, which includes three representatives of AAUP and three representatives of the university administration.
The three AAUP-WSU members of the Faculty Governance Committee are listed below and were appointed by the Executive Committee.
Geoffrey R. Owens, Ph.D. AAUP-WSU Vice-President and Co-Chair.
- Office: 270 Millett Hall
- Campus mail address: Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- U.S. mail address: Wright State University; Dayton, Ohio 45435
- Telephone: (419) 303-4619 [cell]
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Bernstein, J.D.
- Office: 222 Rike Hall
- Campus mail address: Department of Management and International Business; 250 Rike Hall
- U.S. mail address: Department of Management and International Business; Wright State University; Dayton, Ohio 45435
- Telephone: 937-775-3488
- e-mail: email@example.com
Steven Pedler, Ph. D.
- Office: Dwyer Hall 235, Lake Campus
- Campus mail address: Dwyer 235, Lake Campus
- U.S. mail address: Dwyer Hall 235, Wright State University Lake Campus, 7600 Lake Campus Dr, Celina, OH 45822-2921
- Telephone: 937-775-8323 ; 419-586-0323 [cell]
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We would also like to thank Scott Williams, Ph.D, of the Department of Management, for his service to the FGC during the 2019 and 2020 academic year,
Recent work by the FGC:
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year, the FGC has been active in updating college and department bylaws, attempting to catch up on work that had been postponed during the period leading up to the faculty strike of 2019. Additionally, preliminary work has been done on the creating on a working set of bylaws for the proposed College of Health Sciences and Education. The following updated Bylaws were approved during the academic year:
- Lake Campus [that included an update to facilitate a search for a permanent Lake Campus Dean]
- College of Science and Mathematics
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Leadership Studies in Education and Organizations.
- Neural Science, Cell Biology and Physiology